Guest Service Representative
Company: Residence Inn - Bossier
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: November 22, 2021
This is the job description for GUEST SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE
Job Title: Guest Service Representative
Department: Front Office
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: Front Office/Operations Manager
Job Purpose: To perform in a pleasant, professional and efficient
manner, a combination of duties mainly related, but not limited, to
check-in and check-out of guests which contributes to an overall
1. Greet, register, and assign rooms to guests. Issue room key and
escort instructions to Bell person or directly to
guest as appropriate, without announcing room numbers.
2. Answer inquiries pertaining to hotel services, registration of
guests and shopping, dining, entertainment and
3. Keep records of room availability and guests' accounts. May
make, confirm and cancel reservations for guests.
4. Compute bill, collects payment and makes change for guests. May
post charges such as room, food, liquor or
telephone by hand or machine.
5. Date-stamp, sort and rack incoming mail and messages. Transmit
and receive messages using equipment such as
telephone, fax and switchboard.
6. Understand and enforce the hotel company credit policies.
Account for all cash and makes deposits in
accordance with hotel and company policies.
7. Take the initiative to greet guests in a friendly and warm
8. If functioning in a Lead Capacity: (a) take responsibility for
assigned employees in the absence of the Supervisor,
(b)assign work, and ensure proper performance of assigned
9. May make restaurant, transportation or entertainment
reservations for guests; may deposit guests' valuables in
hotel safe or safe-deposit box; may order complimentary flowers or
champagne for special guests.
10. Other duties as assigned.
1. Speak clearly and listen carefully.
2. Use personal judgment and specialized knowledge to give
information to people.
3. Communicate well with many different kinds of people.
4. Change easily and frequently from one activity to another such
as from typing to interviewing, to searching in a directory, to
using a telephone.
5. Use eyes, hands, and fingers accurately while operating a
switchboard or computer keyboard.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent.
Experience: Minimum 3 months hospitality, general office, accounts
receivable or customer service experience.
Physical Requirements and working conditions:
Ability to speak and hear in English. Close and distance vision.
Frequent sitting with some walking and standing. Frequently
lifts/carries up to 25 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and
gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills. Continually works in normal office conditions
and in close proximity to others.
Additional physical, visual requirements and working
X Stand for long periods of time
X Lift/carry 6-25 lbs.
X Able to work overtime and irregular hours
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Residence Inn - Bossier, Bossier City , Guest Service Representative, Sales , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!