Company: Altice USA
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: November 22, 2022
We are Altice USA; a family of businesses that includes Optimum,
Optimum Mobile, Optimum Business, A4 advertising, Cheddar, and
News12. Our common goal is connecting our customers to friends and
family, shows they love, advertising that resonates and news that
matters. Were building a workforce that thrives on collaboration,
inclusion, and innovation. We hope connecting you to a potential
role is just the beginning.Performs and assists in the
installation, splicing, testing, documentation and service of fiber
optic equipment in a manner that ensures company technical
requirements are adhered to, thereby ensuring customer satisfaction
through high level operational efficiency. Assist the fiber
technician Senior, fiber technician advanced and fiber supervisor
in daily work procedures. Position serves as a conduit for the
delivery of all products such as Video, HSD, iO, VoIP, Lightpath
and BCOOL to the customer.Responsibilities
- Performs surveys using system prints, red lines, walk wheel for
all projects related to maintenance or new growth
- Performs as built of fiber optic enclosures and fiber optic
cables utilizing system prints and at times producing drawings in
- Responsible for the interpretations and utilization of fiber
POC design principals in a manner that ensures a high level of
- Possess adequate knowledge of headend operations in a manner
that ensures fiber related tasks are performed in an efficient
- Performs internal and external route engineering of fiber optic
cables within Altice, Lightpath, and new or existing customer
facilities to pole or trench line.
- Complies with safety guidelines as laid out in company safety
manual, in relationship with OSHA, National Electric Safety Code
(NESC), National Electric Code (NEC), Blue Book, SCTE construction
and fiber manual and Building Officials Code Administration
- Performs troubleshooting of CATV system active and passive
devices pertaining to fiber optic nodes utilizing company approved
- Works a flexible schedule, including weekends, nights,
overtime, emergency storm duty and standby as needed
- Performs installation of fiber optic related components
including but not limited to fiber jumpers, optical attenuators,
and termination panels.
- Assist in performing emergency restoration of fiber damage or
cuts. Including prepping, splice enclosure entry, building of
splice enclosure, traying, locating of slack spans, and
installation of restoration kits.
- Performs revisions of Altice / Lightpath fiber optic system
prints or diagrams utilizing mapping software.
- Performs preparation of fiber optic cable for entry into an
existing or new splice enclosure. Including taping down fiber
cables, stripping of outer jacket, removal of (binder thread,
armor, strength member, buffer tubes), exposure and cleaning of
individual fibers, and splicing of non-service effecting (dark) low
to intermediate count fiber cables
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of twelve to eighteen months Fiber/Splicing
- Must have all working knowledge of duties/responsibilities in
the BBT IV Fiber description.
- Ability to learn how to use a 28-foot ladder and lift 75
- Valid state driver's license applicable to state law.
- Good written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in all weather conditions and at various
- Ability to operate all tools and equipment in a safe and
- Ability to climb utility poles.
- Ability to work flexible schedule, including weekends, nights,
overtime, emergency storm duty and standby as needed.
- Knowledge of all mdu, aerial, and underground construction
procedures, specifications, materials, and equipment.
- Knowledge of grounding and bonding specifications as
- Knowledge of basic design calculations including fiber.
- Basic knowledge of computer skills. (MS office, GroupWise,
Visio, Streets & Trips, Mapping/Drafting software)
- Ability to read maps. (Road and Systems)
- Knowledge of the following POC products but not limited
to:Fiber cables - (Single Mode, Dispersion Shifted, Multimode,
Hybrid Fiber)HFC Power Supplies - (3, 6 and 8 battery units)HFC
Coax Actives / Passives - Antronix, SA, Motorola/GI, etcCoax Cable
- Trilogy MC2, CommScope P1, 2 & 3 and other cablesCoax Connectors
- all sizes from RG59 to 1125 inch QR
- Basic knowledge of but not limited to the following fiber test
- Basic knowledge of but not limited to outside plant test
- Internal Field Service Technician applicants must fully
complete their field service career progression program and spend a
minimum of twelve months as an Outside Plant Tech III to be deemed
eligible.Altice USA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to
recruiting, hiring and promoting qualified people of all
backgrounds regardless of gender, race, color, creed, national
origin, religion, age, marital status, pregnancy, physical or
mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military or
veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or
local law.Altice USA, Inc. collects personal information about its
applicants for employment that may include personal identifiers,
professional or employment related information, photos, education
information and/or protected classifications under federal and
state law. This information is collected for employment purposes,
including identification, work authorization, FCRA-compliant
background screening, human resource administration and compliance
with federal, state and local law..Applicants for employment with
Altice will never be asked to provide money (even if reimbursable)
as part of the job application or hiring process. Please review our
for further details.
Keywords: Altice USA, Bossier City , Maintenance Technician, Professions , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!