Company: Evergreen Life Services
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: May 12, 2022
Job DescriptionEvergreen is an equal opportunity employer. We
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital status, or any other legally protected status.
Our mission is to serve, provide for, and champion individuals with
disabilities. Evergreen Life Services (ELS) is a charitable,
non-profit organization that provides a full range of professional
services to people with intellectual and developmental disabilities
(IDD). Founded in the 1950s, today we are proud to serve more than
1,100 individuals with disabilities in 8 states. Working at
Evergreen Life Services isn't just a job; it's a rewarding career.
Whether you provide direct care in our adult day care or in a group
home, or you serve in a support or corporate office role, you will
be an important part of the Evergreen team.If you are looking for a
place where you can make a difference, at Evergreen Life Services
you will change lives. Every employee is a valuable part of the
team because, at Evergreen, everyone matters.
Evergreen Life ServicesJob Description Position Description:
Maintenance Repairer Reports To: Executive Administrator Created:
November 29, 2013Revised: May 15, 2014 Job SummaryThis position is
responsible for general repairs and maintenance of facilities.
Essential Job Functions
- Make general repairs to buildings, interiors, exteriors,
furniture, fixtures, air conditioning/heating systems, and other
mechanical and related fields such as plumbing, carpentry, and
electrical; paints buildings, interiors, exteriors, furniture,
- Make limited repairs to appliances, replace parts, and make
- Move furniture and other items as required from one location to
- Perform monthly inspections and preventive maintenance on
assigned company vehicles and ensure maintenance and inspections
done routinely and as required.
- Complete necessary maintenance documentation and maintain
accurate records as required.
- Maintain outside lawn and landscape areas as
- High School Diploma or GED.
- At least 6 months relevant experience.
- Working knowledge of computer for general data entry. Physical
- Constantly moves about to coordinate work
- Regularly works in fast pace environment with multiple task
- Regularly moves and positions objects weighing up to 75
- Occasionally exposed to viruses and infectious conditions
- Constantly alert and observant during working hours
- Frequently able to climb on ladders, kneel, bend, and stoop.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities or a medical condition to perform the essential
functions. Special Requirements
- May be required to attend seminar or job-related training
- Must have understanding, patience and tact in dealing with
individual(s) served, their families or advocates and other
agencies involved in providing supports for individual(s)
- Must have the ability to maintain good working relationships
with Evergreen staff and with contacts from other agencies or
- Must be able to prioritize work tasks
- Must be able to work without close personal supervision
Employment Variables Must have a good driving record which meets
the minimum requirements for Evergreen and reliable transportation.
Must pass drug screen and criminal background check. Must be able
to work some evenings when required. Working EnvironmentMay be
required to work in a variety of settings and environments both
indoors and outdoors.
Keywords: Evergreen Life Services, Bossier City , Maintenance Repairer, Professions , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!