Land Surveying Instrument Man
Company: Landpoint Llc
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: June 9, 2019
Landpoint Survey, is currently looking for an employee with high
integrity and an excellent attention to detail in order to fill a
position as an Instrument Man / Rodman.Travel will be required from
time to time at different job sites in the area.The successful
candidate(s) should be familiar with all surveying techniques used
for pipeline surveying. This position is within our local Bossier
City team with routine client work in the area and does NOT provide
per diem. This position will require the candidate to report daily
to Bossier City for their project and crew assignments. ESSENTIAL
FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Will work primarily in the field on control, topographic
surveys, and pipeline surveys as Instrument Man / Rodman of a one,
two or three-person field crew in urban and remote parts of
Louisiana and Texas.
- May also perform some office duties, including data reduction,
field note reduction, calculations, data checks and staking
computations using survey computer programs and AutoCAD.
- Cut and remove brush and undergrowth for line of sight.
- Performs mathematical calculations and field checking of field
- Reads and understands plans and specifications.
- Know basic sources of measurement errors.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Dig ground using a pick, shovel and other hand tools to search
for and locate survey monuments.
- Hold and plum rod in obtaining elevations and distances.
- Drive stakes to set grades on construction projects.
- Provide quality seamless customer service.
- Know, understand and demonstrate safe working/operating methods
of assigned tools and equipment.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCETo
perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- A high school education or equivalent.
- A minimum of 1 year total survey field experience highly
- Must be experienced in controlling the function of surveying
instruments and calculators.
- Must be physically able to work long hours and carry heavy
- Possess good interpersonal skills, and effective written and
oral communication skills.
- Must be able and willing to travel.
- Attendance, punctuality and reliability are essential
- Must be able to work in inclement weather.
- Valid Drivers License required.
- Must be able to pass background check, drug test and
physical.PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described herein are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job, dealing
effectively and reasonably with stress in the workplace without
lost time or undue strain. While performing the duties of this job,
the employee is frequently required to sit, walk and talk or hear.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close
vision, distance vision, color vision, depth perception, and the
ability to adjust focus. Employee may be asked to walk on uneven
surfaces, lift and carry up to 50 pounds, hike up and down steep
slopes carrying up to 50 pounds of survey equipment, bend, squat,
dig monument holes, pound in stakes and rebar monuments, carry and
use brush cutting equipment, drive a four-wheeler or snowmobile,
climb stairs, sit for extended periods of time, work at a computer
terminal for extended periods of time, type/key-in data, and answer
telephones frequently as needed. The employee will be required to
adhere to the company's policies, safety plan and the project
- Build your career with our extensive employee training
- Be part of the fastest growing surveying company in the
- Company medical Insurance benefits.
- Paid vacation and holidays.
- Use cutting edge technology to assist you in your daily
- Matching 401(k).
- Dental Insurance.
- Vision Insurance.About LandpointOur people work on some of the
most challenging and high profile projects in the area. Working at
King Surveyors will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate
with a diverse workforce of extremely talented professionals, many
of whom are at the top of their fields, on projects that impact our
world for the better.As one of the largest land surveying and
consulting firms, we offer employees countless job opportunities
and career paths. Our success depends on attracting the best talent
and continuously striving to improve what we do and how we do it.We
are dedicated to providing our people with the support they need to
do outstanding work. From our competitive benefits program to a
Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we
provide the support you need to excel at your job. There are no
barriers to where your talent can lead you.Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Landpoint Llc, Bossier City , Land Surveying Instrument Man, Other , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!