Service Operator I - Cementing
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: November 24, 2022
We are looking for the right people - people who want to
innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best
talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop
themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards
and opportunity of working for one of the world's largest providers
of products and services to the global energy industry.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under direct supervision, rigs up and rigs down cementing
service equipment on work locations to include spotting of cement
storage vessels, pre-mixing of spacer fluids, identifying additives
to be mixed on-the-fly, rigging-up appropriate data monitoring
equipment, planning emergency backup equipment and
- Learns to perform pre-job calculations related to: pipe
capacities and volume/height math, plug landing pressures, absolute
volumes (including total water requirements for job), hydrostatic
and differential pressure, resulting forces, balanced plugs, bulk
cement blending, calculations to include liquid additives and
weighted spacers, and pressure to reverse.
- Learns to complete documents, reports, and forms related to the
cementing service performed.
- Trains and provides guidance to operator assistants in the
proper performance of pre-trip and post-trip vehicle inspections
and associated paperwork and/or reports.
- Trains operator assistants in the operation of some or all of
the following: cement pumping and mixed equipment, blenders, liquid
additive metering systems, centrifugal pumps, data acquisition
systems, Automatic Density Control (ADC) systems, bulk cement
blending, delivery, and storage systems, manifold equipment, and
cementing plug releasing tools.
- Demonstrates basic knowledge of products such as cementing
blends, spacer fluid systems, sodium silicate fluid system, loss
circulation additives, casing attachments, float equipment,
multiple stage cementing tools, and squeeze packers.
- Understands basic lab test data such as pump time, density,
yield, water ratio, etc. Job tasks, correctly performed, impact
indirectly on cost containment, efficiency, profitability or
- Consequences of error are easily measured and can be
- Promotes safety awareness and environmental consciousness, and
complies with all applicable safety and environmental procedures
and regulations. Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, and
Environmental (HSE) regulations and guidelines.
- Promotes and takes an active part in quality improvement
- Skills are typically acquired through successful completion of
high school or similar education and at least 6 months of
experience as an Operator Assistant II - Cementing.
- Licensure to drive commercial equipment is required.
- May require I-Learn courses: General Hydraulics for Downhole
Tools and Essential Preventative Maintenance.
- Given the nature of oil field service work, the ability to
communicate effectively with others is necessary.
- A passing score on job-related tests or meeting task guidelines
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions
are made without regard to race, color, religion, disability,
genetic information, pregnancy, citizenship, marital status,
sex/gender, sexual preference/ orientation, gender identity, age,
veteran status, national origin, or any other status protected by
law or regulation.
4720 Industrial Dr, Bossier City, Louisiana, 71111, United
Requisition Number: 168057
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Operations
Product Service Line: Cementing
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Keywords: Halliburton, Bossier City , Service Operator I - Cementing, Other , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!