ServiceNow Developer Senior Level
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: October 14, 2021
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently
Clearance Level Must Be Able to
No Suitability Required
Join an exciting and dynamic team delivering a large-scale
Enterprise Common Tools cloud platform, automation & orchestration,
and Cloud Application Migration effort for the Army. This team
works in a dynamic and fast-paced environment, with engineering,
migration, and operations & sustainment of cloud migration efforts.
Enterprise Common Tools and specific Army program customer
migration efforts provide a range of day-to-day challenges, while
the bigger picture architecture and migration efforts provide
tangible milestones that the team pursues together following AGILE
practices, to deliver the overall program effort. We’re looking for
self-starter Leads and technical engineers, to work both as part of
the team and on individual assignments, in an environment of
customer mission delivery, integrity and communications. We’re
looking to fill this role/team with those who currently have the
cloud experience, certifications, and skills to execute in large
enterprise environments, are flexible and enjoy tackling
challenges, and desire to join a large team that is building and
sustaining a large multi-tenant cloud platform/enterprise and
migrating/expanding/automating the enterprise. If this sounds like
you and you love to learn and grow with a team while delivering
program milestones, then we’d love to hear from you!
GDIT is your place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy,
seizing opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every
day. We think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we
can’t turn into opportunity. And our work depends on a Software
Developer Senior joining our team to support Army PEO EIS GCSS-A
Migration activities at Bossier City, LA.
At GDIT, people are our differentiator. As a Software Developer
Senior supporting Army PEO, you will be trusted to customize and
migrate new and existing applications to AWS. In this role, a
typical day will include:
- Work with the team to execute customization of applications and
API's with in the GCSS cloud environment.
- Develop, configure, and customize AWS based applications
- Integrate SAP and Army PEO systems
- Participate and share knowledge, work in the context of a
geographically dispersed, collaborative, team-based
- Perform feature development within sprints to support the high
- Support the development and configuration of ServiceNow in a
variety of areas including, but not limited to Service Portal,
Change, Problem, Incident, Service Catalog, Knowledge,
Release/SDLC, Configuration Management (CMDB), Discovery, Project,
Reporting, and SLAs.
- Identify, create, and execute test cases for ServiceNow and
other software platforms including the creation of ServiceNow
Automated Test Framework functionality.
- Collaborate with team members to define, analyze, understand,
and document business and technical requirements.
- Design and develop / configure workflows, forms, scripts, and
underlying logic using SCRUM / Agile methodologies.
- Participate in and support ServiceNow version upgrades.
- Offer technical solutions to address requirements, evaluate
alternate solutions, and perform analysis to determine technical
courses of action.
- Lead (and organize) projects driving the design, creation,
testing, and delivery of technical functionality.
- Create technical architecture, design, and user guide
- Support business growth and proposal teams by writing proposal
sections, providing guidance, and contributing to the creation of
cost and effort estimates.
- Grow junior talent through mentoring, partnership, and
- Author, review, and lead the creation of white papers and
- Work with end users, stakeholders, and management to define and
create reports, dashboards, and data analysis products.
- Maintain current ServiceNow/industry certifications, while
obtaining additional certifications.
- Lead, author, and contribute to IT related, technical processes
reviews, postmortems, and continual process improvement.
- Create estimations on effort required to produce ServiceNow
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and
five (5) years of IT and software development
- Or 8-10 years job experience with at least 5 years in IT and
- 5+ years of ServiceNow
development/implementation/administrative experience including
AngularJS, XML, SOAP, YAML).
- 8570 Required, Security+ CE or equivalent IAM Level-I/IAT
- Can produce level of estimates and basic deployment plans for
- Strong organization and time management skills while working in
a rapid software development environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills and can effectively works in a
- Understanding of IT service management and common service level
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
- Strong Experience in the following:
- Development with AWS Lambda and Python
- Automation with PowerShell and Linux Shell Scripting
- Integration of various AWS hosted systems
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux system administration
- Active Secret Clearance with SSBI, or favorable T5
- 5+ years of experience working with ITSM/ITOM/HR/ITBM/SecOps
solutions (any or all) in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent understanding of the Agile software testing process
and lifecycle, from smoke test to integration to production
- Has experience leading development and/or test teams.
- Can identify, understand, document, and create functionality
aligning with customer value streams.
- Must be able to identify and learn new technologies
- Active Secret Clearance with SSBI, or favorable T5
- Possible 10-15% travel required
Less than 10%
USA LA Bossier City
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative
Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Bossier City , ServiceNow Developer Senior Level, Other , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!