Service Desk Specialist, Mid-Level
Company: Independent Software
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Who are we?
Independent Software is a consulting, product, and
solutions firm dedicated to the practical application of software
and system engineering technologies to solve complex problems. We
bring together world class engineers with proven engineering best
practices, domain expertise, commercial technologies and proven
agile management approachesto create high value solutions aimed at
helping our customers meet their most critical business and mission
Why Independent Software?
We are focused on continual
learning and evolution. We dont do things because thats the way
weve always done things; we listen to our employees and adapt to
the changing marketplace. We look at the big picture and encourage
our engineers to get training and certifications in emerging
technologies that will help shape our customers mission.
We've been profitable year after
year. We're always on the lookout for great engineers to join the
team and we recognize that our employees are the heart and soul of
what we do. We focus on recruiting talented people, treating them
right, and then allowing them to do what they do best. No red tape.
No micromanagement. Smart people want to work with smart people,
and we love people who are passionate about what they do, and
finding ways to do it better.
What you will be doing!
Independent Software is seeking a service desk
specialist with the following experience:
- Resolves technical problems and answers queries by telephone or
self-service ticket in support of internal and/or outside customer
computer hardware, software, network system/application access, and
- Diagnoses, identifies, isolates, and analyzes problems
utilizing historical database records. May route calls to product
line specialists, application, or system support specialists.
Maintains and updates records and tracking databases. Alerts
management to recurring problems and patterns of problems.
- Develops new concepts and processes.
- Analyzes root causes and resolves issues.
- Supports more junior level technicians and specialists in their
- Can perform all tasks of lower level technicians or
- Provides first contact and incident resolution to customers
with H/W, S/W and application problems includes both customer
telephone support as well as electronically submitted requests
- Provides polite and customer friendly service support for
- Attempts to resolve as many incidents during the first contact,
or at Tier 1. Efficiently escalates incidents to higher Tier II or
Tier III when required
- Documents incident status and solutions in incident database
- Possesses current working knowledge of computers, printers,
laptops and common windows applications
- Works through various types Tier II issues with telephone
- Provides answers to Frequently Asked Questions or solutions to
common problems as part of a customer self-help capability
- DoD 8570 compliance or information assurance certification
commensurate with technical objectives and services required within
the task order (A+ CE, CCNA-Security, CND, Network+ CE, SSCP)
- Applicable software or hardware training and certifications
commensurate with the technical objectives, services required and
IT environment specified within the task order
High School Diploma + 4 years,
Associate's Degree + 0 years, or a Bachelor's Degree + 0 years
- Flexibility necessary
- Primarily DAY Shift (6:00 am - 2:00 pm)
- This position does require employees to work one weekend day a
Clearance: THIS POSITION REQUIRES
A CURRENT TS/SCI WITH FS POLYGRAPH
TopReasons to Work at Independent Software:
- Great people deserve even better
benefits, from comprehensive healthcare coverage and generous leave
time todiscounts with all of our vendors.
- You are not just a job title.
That's why we tip the work-life balance scale in your favor. It's
not about being billable, it's about being valuable.
- Whether you're working on-site or
in our offices, your role at Independent Software is just as
critical to our success as your coworker's.
- We're constantly researching and
implementing the latest technology so you've always got the right
tools at your disposal.
- As we've grown, we've retained
that small company feel. When we say we have an open door policy,
we actually meanit.
- Independent Software is comprised
of wonderfully generous folks. We believe in supporting the causes
our employeescare about. Bring us an opportunity to help and we'll
- Teamwork got us where we are
today. Our collaborative environment allows you to maximize your
- The work we do is exciting,
critical stuff. No matter your role at Independent Software, you're
helping us keep the nationsafe and secure.
- We have a history of great
achievement and, with each year, our company gets even bigger and
better. As we grow, sodoes the opportunity for our employees.
- We host a variety of fun employee
and family events throughout the year to say thanks for all that
you do to makeIndependent Software a technology leader as well as a
phenomenal place to work.
Independent Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer EOE, M/F/D/V.
- Competitive salary
- 100% company paid BC / BS insurance premiums for family health,
dental, and visioninsurance plans
- 401(k) retirement plan withcompany
paid match of gross salary
- A generousPaid Time Off and
- Lots of paid training! Weencourage
all employees to seek out training opportunities like conferences,
certification courses and seminars.
- We truly believe the right
work-life balance can exist, and it's here at Independent Software.
Our work is extremely important, but your job is just a part of who
you are. When you enjoy your life outside of our walls, you're at
your best the next time you walk through our doors. We do all we
canto assure that happens every day.
Keywords: Independent Software, Bossier City , Service Desk Specialist, Mid-Level, Other , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!