Information Systems Supervisor
Company: General Dynamics
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: May 3, 2021
Responsibilities for this Position
Location: USA LA Bossier City
Full Part/Time: Full time
Job Req: RQ83671
Type of Requisition:
Clearance Level Must Currently Possess:
Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
Public Trust/Other Required:
Information Systems Management
- Reports to the Senior Manager of the GDIT Command Center and
implements all requirements set forward to ensure all supported
programs expectations are met to include GDIT requirements within
- Manage the overall day-to-day operations by ensuring events
and/or incidents are detected and responded to in adherence to
established process and procedures; SLAs and SLOs are met.
- Manages the staff on the GDIT Command Center NOC team by
ensuring all tasks are met and staff training is completed within
the scheduled deadlines.
- Accountable for achieving goals of the NOC
- Serve as an incident manager for the NOC.
- Lead the NOC team in a fast-paced environment, while exercising
composure, professionalism and teamwork during incidents. Support
and oversee incident response activities as the most senior
escalation point on the NOC team.
- Supports customer services delivery by producing reports,
troubleshooting, preparing and presenting briefings, etc. as
required or necessary.
- Research and report on NOC improvements (services, toolsets,
In addition to the above responsibilities, the NOC manager will
support all roles of the NOC including backfilling when needed. The
NOC manager may need to perform duties designated under all roles
in the NOC as needed to support ongoing operations.
Qualifications and Skills
- Ability to handle escalated incidents, work closely with
customers, have excellent communications skills
- Extensive experience with a variety of monitoring tools, major
incident response actions.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills, excellent
interpersonal skills and the ability to interface with all levels
- Develop or recommend analytic approaches or solutions to
problems and situations for which information is incomplete or for
which no precedent exists.
- Prepare and present briefings
- Lead a team of up to 20 employees by developing them to deliver
a quality product to our customers. This requires coaching,
training and providing critical feedback when merited.
- Ensures all deadlines for the team or met for management and
Education and Experience
- Required - Bachelor's (BA/BS), or 5 plus years of related
- Preferred - Minimum of 5 plus years related experience
providing support to an enterprise operations center (or NOC),
monitoring and managing systems and network using advanced
technologies and tools.
- Preferred - Minimum of 3 years' experience utilizing monitoring
tools or related services to monitor alerting devices.
- Preferred - Minimum of 2 years' experience using an ITSM tool
for ticketing solutions such as ServiceNow, Remedy, HP Service
Manager or related tool.
- Preferred - Excellent customer service skills, written and oral
communications skills, reading comprehension, interpersonal skills
and the ability to interface with all levels of employees.
- Preferred - Excellent abilities in decision making,
troubleshooting problems, critical thinking and meeting
- Preferred - A+ certification
- Preferred - Cloud Foundations certification w/Azure, AWS or
- Preferred - Network + and/or Security + certification
- Preferred - ITIL Foundations certification
- Preferred - MS Office Business products (Excel, Outlook,
PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word)
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
T elecommuting Options:
Telecommuting Not Allowed
USA LA Bossier City
Additional Work Locations:
We are GDIT. The people supporting some of the most complex
government, defense, and intelligence projects across the country.
We deliver. Bringing the expertise needed to understand and advance
critical missions. We transform. Shifting the ways clients invest
in, integrate, and innovate technology solutions. We ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. We are there. On the ground,
beside our clients, in the lab, and everywhere in between. Offering
the technology transformations, strategy, and mission services
needed to get the job done.nnGDIT is an Equal
Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants
will receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, or veteran status, or any other protected
Keywords: General Dynamics, Bossier City , Information Systems Supervisor, Other , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!