Front Desk Clerk - Full Time
Company: Penn National Gaming
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: March 15, 2020
OverviewDont just work. Work Happy.A career in gaming? At
Boomtown Casino Hotel Bossier City, we think youll enjoy an
exciting industry, fast-paced days and nights, diverse,
enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of
the leaders in the industry.An individual could be successful if
they possess the following.Your daily responsibilities include
- Provides friendly and efficient service to guests during check
in/check out procedures.
- Makes and confirms reservations and assists guests with
problems or questions.
- Obtains information necessary to guarantee rooms (e.g.,
identification, credit card verification, etc.).
- Performs Front Desk, Call Center, and other hotel-related
duties when necessary.
- Keeps Hotel Services Supervisor informed of any problems.
- If assigned to grave shift, performs Night Audit duties and
completes Flash Report in a correct and timely manner.
- Answers all reservation inquiries according to established
guidelines, including assisting guests warranting complimentary
- Maximizes resort revenues by selling reservations based on
predetermined rate strategies.
- Accurately enters all reservations into the computer system
according to departmental policy and procedure.
- Provides information to guests regarding local services and
- Assists the Player Development team with all reservations and
- Performs group block management, including the entering of room
lists, inventory control, coordination of casino reservations,
checking resort room arrivals, and maintaining a professional
relationship with all departments associated with the resort.
- Verifies duties and examines work for accuracy, neatness, and
adherence to established policies and procedures.
- Remains current on all casino activities and assists guests
with all inquiries.
- Answers phone and assists with clerical tasks.
- Ensures that rooms are clean prior to issuing keys.
- Receives cash, checks, credit cards and comps in payment,
obtaining proper approval and authorization.
- Maintains an operating bank, renders bills, and issues
- Ensures the timely delivery of all messages, mail and packages
left for guests and departments within the Hotel/Casino.
- Responsible for the control of safe deposit transactions.
- Works closely with the Executive Hosts to ensure that all
complimentary and high-end amenity offerings are provided
consistent with the agreed-upon arrangements.
- Empowered to ensure guests problems/concerns are resolved in a
prompt, courteous, and efficient manner.
- Performs all other related and compatible duties as
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all company matters.To be
successful in this position it will require the following skill set
- High School Diploma or equivalent required.
- Prior hospitality or Front Desk experience preferred.
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and
- Must possess excellent interpersonal skills.
- Must have good oral and written communication skills; must be
fluent and literate in English.
- Must have basic math and money handling skills.
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Must have ability to work efficiently in a team-oriented
- Ability to meet deadlines and effectively manage multiple
priorities in a demanding work environment.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule including nights,
weekends, holidays, and fluctuating days off.Something to leave you
withPenn National Gaming is more than you may realize. We have
properties throughout the United States and are embarking on an
aggressive growth mode. Our departments and areas of opportunity
are ideal for just about any skill set. And our company-wide
commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means
youll enjoy a fun working environment.Now that you have read about
who we are, here is your opportunity to see what we're about!Equal
Opportunity EmployerLocation US-LA-Bossier CityPosted Date 2 weeks
ago (2/24/2020 5:41 PM)Job ID 2020-73340Casino Property Boomtown
Bossier CityPosition Type Regular Full-TimeCategory Hotel
Keywords: Penn National Gaming, Bossier City , Front Desk Clerk - Full Time, Other , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!