Systems Support / Information Assurance (IA) Specialist
Company: Summit Technical Solutions
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: August 22, 2019
Are you a problem solver?
Do you strive to make a positive difference?
Do you enjoy being a contributor to a world class team?
Summit Technical Solutions (STS) is seeking an IA Specialist to
operate fixed and deployed IT resources to monitor, evaluate and
maintain systems, policy, and procedures to protect clients,
networks, data/voice systems and databases from unauthorized
activity. They identify potential threats and manage resolution of
security violations. Enforce national, DoD and Air Force security
policies and directives; employ hardware and software tools to
enhance the security by installing, monitoring and directing
proactive and reactive information protection and defensive
measures to ensure Confidentiality, Integrity and Availability
(CIA) of IT resources. They administer and manage the overall IA
program to include Communications Security (COMSEC), Emissions
Security (EMSEC) and Computer Security (COMPUSEC) programs. Perform
System administrator duties as necessary, as well as perform tasks
required to maintain, manage, and support Special Access Program /
Special Technical Operator (STO) computers and network systems used
in SMAC. This position is located at Barksdale AFB, LA.
Job duties include, but are not limited to:
- Conducts IA risk and vulnerability assessments; ensures
enterprise IA policies fully support all legal and regulatory
requirements and ensures IA policies are applied in new and
- Identifies IA weaknesses and provide recommendations for
improvement. Monitors enterprise IA policy compliance and provides
recommendations for effective implementation of IT security
- Evaluates and assists IT activities. Makes periodic evaluation
and assistance visits, notes discrepancies, and recommends
- Audits and enforces the compliance of IA procedures and
investigates security-related incidents.
- Assists in conducting IT forensic investigations. Manages the
- program and monitors emerging security technologies and
industry best practices.
- Performs or supervises activities such as detection and
protection of IT resources using IA and IA-enabled tools. Provides
real-time intrusion detection and firewall protection for all IT
- Responsible for IA oversight or management of national security
systems during all phases of the IT life cycles.
- Ensures the CIA of IT resources.
- Operates and manages IA tools and IA-enabled tools. Integrates
tools with other IT functions to protect and defend IT resources.
Provides CIA by verifying IA controls are implemented IAW DoD and
Air Force IA standards.
- Analyzes risks and/or vulnerabilities and takes corrective
- Ensures appropriate administrative, physical, and technical
safeguards are incorporated into all new IT resources through
certification and accreditation.
- Protects IT resources from malicious activity.
- Identify system problems that are of an unusual or complex
nature and develops corrective action.
- Designs data products, processes, or programs that enhance
functional area management and provide for increased organizational
optimization of IT processes.
- Oversees the installation and configuration of applications
software and the establishment of user environments.
- Troubleshoots and analyzes unusual or complex hardware and
software malfunctions to resolve physical and logical processing
problems and recommends acquisition of equipment, software and/or
hardware which will resolve operational problems.
- Continually surveys system operation to identify and anticipate
potential problems which could lead to loss or serious interruption
- Identifies corrective or preventative procedures and takes
actions to rectify immediate problems and prevent future
- Performs testing, troubleshoots, and corrects complex or
unusual problems involving interface and interoperability of system
components such as hardware, systems software, and applications
- Ensures maintenance and upgrade procedures are established in
such a way as to minimize disruption to normal business functions
of organizations within the installation.
- Provides proactive consultation and instruction with system
users to ensure seamless implementation of changes.
- Troubleshoots complex problems and provides support in a manner
that minimizes interruptions in the customers' ability to carry out
- Coordinates with other IT specialists and management in
identifying and correcting unusual or unprecedented problems and
providing innovative approaches to solving them.
- Tests and evaluates current and proposed equipment and software
enhancement and advises management regarding acquisition proposals
designed to enhance mission accomplishment through automation.
- Analyze complex processes and/or a variety of unusual problems,
questions, or conditions relative to the design and/or selection of
management information systems and applications software
- Evaluates vendor-developed software available over the counter
to ensure defined subject-matter requirements can be
- Establishes controls for data privacy and security in
management information systems.
- Participates as a key member and advisor on special committees
and special projects designed to study methods to enhance the use
of IT throughout the installation.
- Works with management to isolate and correct complex problems
which hinder the capability of the organization to fully utilize
information management technology.
**This opportunity is contingent on contract award to
STS.**Required SkillsRequired qualifications.
Per DoD 8570.01-M, the incumbent of this position must achieve the
appropriate TA certification within six months of assignment of
these duties, as system administrative privileges are required on
site. A waiver of this six month requirement may be granted per DoD
8570.01-M, C126.96.36.199 or C188.8.131.52. Failure to receive the proper IA
certification may result in removal from this position.
- Bachelors of Science Degree
- CompTIA Security + certification
- DoD experience.
- Knowledge of IT application software design principles,
methodologies, and approaches used in developing, coding, testing,
debugging, and maintaining applications software that support
- 5 years of experience in the AFSC 3D0X3, Cyber Surety, or
equivalent fields of computer support.
- Proven experience within the MS Windows environment, to include
registry, batch files, and Group Policy updates for patches.
- Proficient in executing TEMPEST certifications and
understanding of TEMPEST restrictions within a SCIF or SAPF.
- Previous experience working as a Cyber Surety technician, IAO,
Information Protection Officer, COMSEC Responsible Officer (CRO) or
Information Systems Security Officer (ISSO).
- Completion of E3ABR3D033 01AA, Cyber Surety, or equivalent DoD
level formal training course.
- Completion of AF 7-level (or higher) Cyber Surety course or
The following are highly desired qualifications:
- Knowledge of systems integration methods, performance tuning
methods, test and evaluation methods and procedures, IT security
principles and methods, and project management principles and
methods sufficient to plan and coordinate the installation of new
products or equipment.
- Ability to modify existing systems and relate all aspects of
the work to overall system requirements, to stay well informed on
rapidly changing technology, to advise on and implement new
technology, to evaluate its possible impact on organization
missions, to develop strategies to satisfy requirements, and to
offer alternative approaches in operating systems development
and/or problem resolution.
- Experience in systems administration in a UNIX, Linux/MacOS, or
- Certified Ethical Hacking Certification Linux Certification
- Cisco Certified Network Associate Certification
Required ExperienceWhat makes STS great?
STS is a services-based organization that relies on the exceptional
results our workforce delivers to customers every day. We realize
that our customers' high regard for our consistently high
performance is only possible because of the talents, exceptional
work ethic, and commitment of our people. We promote and live by a
strong and inclusive company culture that places the focus on
customer and employee satisfaction, communication, and respect.
What to expect from STS:
- Competitive total compensation plan, with immediate eligibility
for most benefits and a 401(k) plan with matching
- A work environment that emphasizes the safety of our
- An organization that is committed to upholding the highest
level of business ethics and workplace conduct
- A company that supports "paying it forward" with involvement in
several deserving organizations and encourages volunteerism in the
- Generous paid time-off program that starts on the first day of
- Tuition and certification cost reimbursement programs for
STS is actively committed to employment of Veterans, whom we regard
as one of our Nation's greatest resources. Today, you will find
Veterans at every level of our organization, continuing their
service to our country by supporting our government contracts and
customers. STS is proud of their dedication, work ethic, loyalty,
and commitment to duty, and we will continue to promote career
opportunities for Veterans who are sincerely deserving of our
We are an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and all
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,
disability status, protected veteran status, gender identity,
sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.Job
Bossier City, US-LA
Keywords: Summit Technical Solutions, Bossier City , Systems Support / Information Assurance (IA) Specialist, IT / Software / Systems , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!