ServiceNow Developer Senior Level
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: January 5, 2022
Travel Required: Less than 10%Requisition Type: RegularJoin an
exciting and dynamic team delivering a large-scale Enterprise
Common Tools cloud platform, automation & orchestration, and Cloud
Application Migration effort for the Army. This team works in a
dynamic and fast-paced environment, with engineering, migration,
and operations & sustainment of cloud migration efforts. Enterprise
Common Tools and specific Army program customer migration efforts
provide a range of day-to-day challenges, while the bigger picture
architecture and migration efforts provide tangible milestones that
the team pursues together following AGILE practices, to deliver the
overall program effort. We're looking for self-starter Leads and
technical engineers, to work both as part of the team and on
individual assignments, in an environment of customer mission
delivery, integrity and communications. We're looking to fill this
role/team with those who currently have the cloud experience,
certifications, and skills to execute in large enterprise
environments, are flexible and enjoy tackling challenges, and
desire to join a large team that is building and sustaining a large
multi-tenant cloud platform/enterprise and
migrating/expanding/automating the enterprise. If this sounds like
you and you love to learn and grow with a team while delivering
program milestones, then we'd love to hear from you!GDIT is your
place. You make it your own by embracing autonomy, seizing
opportunity, and being trusted to deliver your best every day. We
think. We act. We deliver. There is no challenge we can't turn into
opportunity. And our work depends on a Software Developer Senior
joining our team to support Army PEO EIS GCSS-A Migration
activities at Bossier City, LA.At GDIT, people are our
differentiator. As a Software Developer Senior supporting Army PEO,
you will be trusted to customize and migrate new and existing
applications to AWS. In this role, a typical day will include:
- Work with the team to execute customization of applications and
APIs with in the GCSS cloud environment.
- Develop, configure, and customize AWS based applications
- Integrate SAP and Army PEO systems
- Participate and share knowledge, work in the context of a
geographically dispersed, collaborative, team-based
- Perform feature development within sprints to support the high
- Support the development and configuration of ServiceNow in a
variety of areas including, but not limited to Service Portal,
Change, Problem, Incident, Service Catalog, Knowledge,
Release/SDLC, Configuration Management (CMDB), Discovery, Project,
Reporting, and SLAs.
- Identify, create, and execute test cases for ServiceNow and
other software platforms including the creation of ServiceNow
Automated Test Framework functionality.
- Collaborate with team members to define, analyze, understand,
and document business and technical requirements.
- Design and develop / configure workflows, forms, scripts, and
underlying logic using SCRUM / Agile methodologies.
- Participate in and support ServiceNow version upgrades.
- Offer technical solutions to address requirements, evaluate
alternate solutions, and perform analysis to determine technical
courses of action.
- Lead (and organize) projects driving the design, creation,
testing, and delivery of technical functionality.
- Create technical architecture, design, and user guide
- Support business growth and proposal teams by writing proposal
sections, providing guidance, and contributing to the creation of
cost and effort estimates.
- Grow junior talent through mentoring, partnership, and
- Author, review, and lead the creation of white papers and
- Work with end users, stakeholders, and management to define and
create reports, dashboards, and data analysis products.
- Maintain current ServiceNow/industry certifications, while
obtaining additional certifications.
- Lead, author, and contribute to IT related, technical processes
reviews, postmortems, and continual process improvement.
- Create estimations on effort required to produce ServiceNow
- Other duties as assigned.REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, and
five (5) years of IT and software development experience.
- Or 8-10 years job experience with at least 5 years in IT and
- 5+ years of ServiceNow
development/implementation/administrative experience including
AngularJS, XML, SOAP, YAML).
- 8570 Required, Security+ CE or equivalent IAM Level-I/IAT
- Can produce level of estimates and basic deployment plans for
- Strong organization and time management skills while working in
a rapid software development environment.
- Excellent collaboration skills and can effectively works in a
- Understanding of IT service management and common service level
- Excellent written, verbal, presentation, and interpersonal
- Strong Experience in the following:
- Development with AWS Lambda and Python
- Automation with PowerShell and Linux Shell Scripting
- Integration of various AWS hosted systems
- Familiarity with Windows and Linux system administration
- Active Secret Clearance is required to start.PREFERRED
- 5+ years of experience working with ITSM/ITOM/HR/ITBM/SecOps
solutions (any or all) in an enterprise environment.
- Excellent understanding of the Agile software testing process
and lifecycle, from smoke test to integration to production
- Has experience leading development and/or test teams.
- Can identify, understand, document, and create functionality
aligning with customer value streams.
- Must be able to identify and learn new technologies
- Active Secret Clearance is required to start.Location
- Bossier City, LATravel
- Possible 10-15% travel requiredCOVID-19 Vaccination
Requirement: To protect the health and safety of its employees and
to comply with customer requirements, GDIT may require employees in
certain positions to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
Vaccination requirements will depend on the status of the federal
contractor mandate and customer site requirements.We are GDIT. The
people supporting some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. We deliver. Bringing the
expertise needed to understand and advance critical missions. We
transform. Shifting the ways clients invest in, integrate, and
innovate technology solutions. We ensure today is safe and tomorrow
is smarter. We are there. On the ground, beside our clients, in the
lab, and everywhere in between. Offering the technology
transformations, strategy, and mission services needed to get the
job done.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, national origin, disability, or veteran status, or
any other protected class.
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Bossier City , ServiceNow Developer Senior Level, IT / Software / Systems , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!