Internal Medicine Physician- Hospitalist
Company: Job Juncture
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: February 15, 2019
Our client located in Northwest Louisiana is in need of adding a Board Certified or Board Eligible Internal Medicine Hospitalist. Our client serves the residents in northwest Louisiana and the neighboring cities in the states of Arkansas and Texas. Today the health system includes four hospitals as well as a retirement community and a full range of support services.
Here is an overview of what a typical day would look like for you in this role:
- 15 shifts per month ( 5 day, 5 swing and 5 night )
- 10 hours shifts
- Swing and all shifts are split between providers by the office manager
- Swing does all admits
- Roughly 1 or 2 weekends per month
- Physician would report to the head partner in the group
- Average # of patients seen daily is between 16-20 per day
Here is how compensation works:
Salary Rate: Guaranteed Shift Rates, plus RVU
Day Shift (7A-7P) - $625.00/shift guaranteed rate
Night Shift (7P-7A) - $1,400/shift guaranteed rate
Quality Bonus: up to $35,000.00/yr
Affiliation Agreement: $25,000.00 (24 mo. amortization) Relocation Allowance up to: $10,000
CME Allowance: $4,500.00 - standard
GPT: 20 days - standard, to be paid out if not used and requested at $1,000.00 per day
Holidays: 8 days - standard
Our Louisiana client is located 180 miles East of Dallas.
About the area:
Enjoy a great sunbelt climate, large city, with small town feel, easy commutes, great recreational and cultural amenities, excellent housing values. Much to offer to the right candidate. There's a lot to love when you live in the Bossier City area, gentle rolling hills of North Louisiana descend to lush river land near the Red River where everything that is planted flourishes. The warm sunbelt climate combined with just enough rainfall nourishes the live oak trees and azaleas found throughout our area.
Festivals throughout the year like Mudbug Madness (celebration of crawfish), Holiday in Dixie (celebrating the Louisiana Purchase) and Red River Revel, the arts festival ranked as a top tourist event in North America and, yes, we celebrate Mardi Gras too, family style! Wonderful bike trails, lakes and rivers something for the entire family.
This location offers many of big-city amenities in a friendly Southern environment:
. Metropolitan area of more than 250,000 with symphony, opera and ballet companies, theaters and museums
. Most places are just a 15 to 20 minute drive away with two major interstates running through Shreveport
. Fabulous food from Louisiana Cajun and Creole to Soul - from kitschy cafes to fine dining
. Easy drive to mountains in Arkansas or even to Dallas for the few "big city" things you don't find here
. Reach the beach in a day's drive - we are far enough away not to be negatively affected by hurricanes.
. Gaming community with multiple casinos and thoroughbred racing too
You've heard about it - we have it. We still say "Yes ma'am and No ma'am"
because that's the way our parents trained us to be, respectful but friendly and warm. The stranger you meet today will be a friend tomorrow. When you see a smile or get a hug, you know it's sincere. Snowbirds who come to visit will want to stay.
Our client adheres to the highest of standards in healthcare. Here are just a few of the designations they hold:
- accredited by The Joint Commission
- Our client's urgent care centers are accredited by the Urgent Care Association of America
- Cancer Center is accredited by the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer as a Community Hospital Community Cancer Program and was awarded accreditation with commendation. In addition, the Radiation Oncology Department at the center is accredited by both the American College of Radiology and the American College of Radiation Oncology. It is the only facility within the region and one of only a few in the nation that have dual accreditation.
- awarded the Quality Respiratory Care Recognition (QRCR) designation from the American Association for Respiratory Care. Only 10% of hospitals in the United States received this award.
To learn more about this opportunity, please email your resume to us along with the best days/ times to reach you.
Keywords: Job Juncture, Bossier City , Internal Medicine Physician- Hospitalist, Healthcare , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!