Radiology Tech - Clinic
Company: Christus Health
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: January 5, 2019
Qualifications: Must possess and maintain current ARRT and State license
* Preparing patients for radiologic exams. Take x-rays ensuring patient care and safety.
* Using a variety of radiation protection and shielding materials.
* Ensuring equipment is in working order. Report equipment malfunctions to Radiology Supervisor.
* Responsible for sending x-rays for over-reads to the Radiologist as requested.
* Triage patients /Obtain vital signs
* Prepares and administers medications and treatments with knowledge of purpose and adverse effects of nursing care provided,
* Administer IM, subcutaneous, and intradermal injections.
* Radiologic Technologists may not administer narcotic injections via oral, IV, or IM route.
* IV therapy
* Perform EKGs
* DOT/school/sports physicals
* Autoclave instruments
* Maintain effective use of time when patient volume is low, such as, but not limited to, stocking rooms, shelving inventory, assisting in maintaining a clean work environment, assisting with laundry
* Maintains open lines of communication between nursing shifts, as well as other departments, supervisor, and physician
* Is aware of safety issues, accomplishing responsibilities in a safe manner, re-enforces good safety practices displayed by other staff members
* Works as a team member
* Maintain patient confidentiality at all times
* Record daily fridge/freezer temperatures and room humidity
* Proper technique for collecting, handling, testing, and resulting in the chart: strep, flu, mono, RSV, UA, UPT, and blood glucose testing,
* Proper use of the Abaxis for CMP
* Ability to appropriately perform and document Quality Control on the above mentioned tests
* Knowledge of protocol if QC fails
* Knowledge of critical values for glucose testing, CBC, and CMP
* Proper use of PPE at all times
* If certified as a lab assistant, will perform moderated complexity testing of hematology samples, proficiency testing, and daily quality control, and general maintenance of the hematology analyzer.
Occupational Medicine Responsibilities:
* Once certification is obtained, will be expected to:
o Breath Alcohol Testing
o Urine Drug Screens
o Hair Follicle Drug Collection
Pulmonary Function Tests
Completion of course in radiologic technology approved by the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
One year of experience as a radiologic technologist preferred.
Current state licensure and certification (ARRT) with the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists.
Current CPR certification.
Keywords: Christus Health, Bossier City , Radiology Tech - Clinic, Healthcare , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!