Physician / Family Practice / Louisiana / Permanent / MD/DO - Family P
Company: Kurz Solutions
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: January 15, 2021
MD/DO - Family Practice Physician
Amazing climate and location make this perfect...
The Community - Bossier City, LA
Welcome to Bossier City you will find a unique mix of retail shops,
restaurants, cultural attractions, casinos, horse racing and much
more. From the natural beauty of the Red River to the new shopping
centers, Bossier City is home to some of Bossier Parish's most
unique attractions. Be sure to visit Louisiana Boardwalk for outlet
shopping, dozens of unique restaurants, the Louisiana Boardwalk
Stadium 14, and fun events for the whole family.
Barksdale Air Force Base
Barksdale Air Force Base is located in the northwest corner of
Louisiana, Bossier City, Louisiana. Emerging from the cotton fields
of Northwestern Louisiana in the early 1930s, Barksdale Air Force
Base has grown into a major source of revenue and employment for
the region. As a key Air Force Global Strike Command base,
Barksdale has a pivotal role in providing a large part of the
nation's deterrent force.
The largest city is Shreveport located just across the Red River
from Bossier City. The base is two and half hours east of Dallas,
Texas and three hours west of Jackson, Mississippi. The climate,
location and military environment make this area a popular place
for military retirees and their families to call home. You will
find this area a great place to work and play.
Requirements (duties include but are not limited to)
- Shall provide outpatient health care to qualifying
beneficiaries as scheduled by the Government.
- Care shall include but not be limited to continuing,
comprehensive health maintenance and medical care to entire family
regardless of sex, age, or type of problem.
- Will maintain a program of comprehensive health for the family
unit, to include preventive medicine, behavioral sciences, and
- May become the primary care manager for a panel of patients. As
a PCM, will be the primary person responsible for the management of
the health and wellness of his/her assigned patients. Duties
- Examination of patients, formulation differential diagnostic
plans, defines and orders required diagnostic testing.
- Interpretation of examination findings and test results, and
implementation of treatment plans.
- Determines need for consultation and assists in medical care
and treatment provided at the direction of other specialists.
- Approving/disapproving subspecialty referrals.
- Answering patient telephone consults with the assistance of
- Providing primary and secondary preventive maintenance care.
- All inpatients will be admitted as per the local MTF
- Be capable of adequately diagnosing and treating a wide-range
of pediatric and adult acute and chronic diseases and injuries
including but not limited to conditions of the:
- Skin, Head, Eyes, Ears, Nose, Throat, Neck, Cardiovascular
System, Pulmonary System, Gastrointestinal System, Musculoskeletal
System, Genitourinary System, Reproductive System, Lymphatic
System, Central Nervous System, Endocrine System, Psychiatric and
- Have sufficient experience to be able to adequately perform
medical procedures to include, but not limited to, the following:
- Basic Life Support; Advanced Life Support; Pediatric Advanced
Life Support; Crycothyroidotomy; Secure and maintain an adequate
airway to include endotracheal intubation; Cardioversion of life
threatening arrhythmias; Simple minor surgical procedures: punch
biopsies, excision of skin lesions; Simple abscess incision and
drainage; Nail trephination; Sling or swath injuries; Lumbar
puncture; Suture simple laceration; Suture removal; Tube
thoracostomy; Cryotherapy; Nebulizer treatment; Urine
catheterization; Cultures (throat, wound); Suprapubic tap; Remove
ocular, nasal and ear foreign bodies; Clearing of ears by flush
technique; Reduce simple dislocations and fractures, when
appropriate; Bandaging of sprains, minor burns, and minor
lacerations; Perform venous punctures for lab studies and interpret
results; Draw arterial blood gases for evaluation and interpret
results; Administer intravenous, intramuscular and subcutaneous
medications as appropriate; Stabilize and evaluate cervical spine
injuries as appropriate; Splint and stabilize traumatic injuries to
- Ensure a safe work environment and employee safe work
- Prepare records and reports as required in support of services
rendered in accordance with established procedures.
- Attend and participate in patient care reports, patient care
conferences, team conferences, professional staff conferences and
other appropriate professional activities only to the extent that
such attendance and participation is relative to his/her assigned
cases and/or performance of services as determined by the
- Meet all licensing/certification requirements to perform as a
Family Practice Physician in accordance with requirements.
- Be a Doctor of Allopathic (M.D.) or Osteopathy (D.O.) who has
successfully completed an accredited residency in Family Practice.
Must have at least one (1) year of primary care experience and no
more than twelve (12) months since the last work assignment.
- Current board certification by the American Board of Family
Medicine (ABFM) or the American Osteopathic Board of Family
- Have and maintain a valid, unrestricted and unencumbered
license in one of the 50 states in the U.S. or the District of
Columbia, the Commonwealth of Puerto Rico, Guam, or the U.S. Virgin
- Have and maintain current American Heart Association (AHA)
approved Basic Cardiac Li
Keywords: Kurz Solutions, Bossier City , Physician / Family Practice / Louisiana / Permanent / MD/DO - Family P, Healthcare , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!