RN Stroke Program Manager (Relo - TX - Sign On Bonus)
Company: Baylor Scott
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: February 6, 2020
The Stroke Program Manager/Stroke Regional Lead Coordinator,
will work collaboratively with the Medical Director and the Quality
Director, and will be assume responsibility for all operational
aspects and evaluation of the Stroke Program. This includes program
development, planning, organizing, implementation, assessment,
patient flow and performance improvement.
The Stroke Program Manager can expect to perform the following:
* Assuringall stroke program standards are met as required by CMS,
The Joint Commission and the American Stroke Association Get with
the Guidelines program
* Coordinating stroke certification/recertification, and in
collaboration with Quality, reviews medical records for compliance
to all standards and develops and implements action plans based on
analysis of data
* In collaboration with the multi-disciplinary team, responsible
for developing systems to enhance coordination of care across the
continuum, community and EMS outreach and education, staff,
physician and patient education and marketing communications
* Translating research into practice through the management of
clinical pathways, order sets and other resources to support the
program; acting as a resource in stroke clinical specialty to
colleagues across disciplines; serving as a role model/leader in
process improvement initiatives for stroke care
* Function as a role model in the use of the nursing process and
develop, introduce and evaluate new approaches to stroke nursing
* Assuring compliance with Stroke Program standards (CMS, GWTG,
TJC) Coordinates stroke certification and recertification. Develops
systems to enhance coordination of care across the continuum.
* Providing direction to the multidisciplinary team on community
outreach, education and marketing. Translates research into
practice. Serves as resource in stroke clinical specialty
* Understanding of Stroke Program standards and applications in a
telemedicine with a spoke-hub stroke model.
* Developing stroke competency in stroke coordinators, data
collectors, and stroke outreach coordinators
* Collaborating with other hospital stroke coordinators in the
region and serving as a role-model for quality.
* Performing other position appropriate duties as required in a
competent, professional and courteous manner.
The ideal candidate will be Comfortable and skilled at working with
physician, health care providers and other stakeholders in the
organization; Capable of gaining immediate credibility with
individuals through experience, presentation, communication skills,
empathy and compassion; Possess analytical skills including a
working knowledge of basic statistics and statistical analysis
methodologies; Knowledge of positive process change strategies,
Quality Management and Performance Improvement principles, and
knowledge of PC based computer software, i .e. Word and Excel, and
Stroke Databases, i.e. GWTG.
* Location/Facility ------Baylor Scot t& White Mediecal Center
For more information on the facility, please click our Locations
* Specialty/Department/Practice ------ Stroke Services
* Shift/Schedule ------ Full-time Days Monday-Friday
* Benefits ------ Our competitive benefits package includes*:
Immediate eligibility for health and welfare benefits
* 401(k) savings plan with dollar-for-dollar match up to 5%
* Tuition Reimbursement
* PTO accrual beginning Day 1
* Note: Benefits may vary based upon position type and/or
Baylor Scott & White Health (BSWH) is the largest not-for-profit
health care system in Texas and one of the largest in the United
States. With a commitment to and a track record of innovation,
collaboration, integrity and compassion for the patient, BSWH
stands to be one of the nation------s exemplary health care
organizations. Our mission is to serve all people by providing
personalized health and wellness through exemplary care, education
and research as a Christian ministry of healing. Joining our team
is not just accepting a job, it------s accepting a calling!
* Education ------ BSN
* Experience - 3 years (Minimum of 3 years------ experience
demonstrated involvement in management of stroke patients and a
solid grasp of hemodynamics)
Minimum of 5 years healthcare experience.
* Licenses/Certifications ------ Basic Life Support (BLS); NIH
Stroke Certification (NIHSS)
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) verification course within
allotted time frame, as specified in policy.
HealthCare Quality Certification preferred.
Critical Care Experience preferred
Keywords: Baylor Scott, Bossier City , RN Stroke Program Manager (Relo - TX - Sign On Bonus), Healthcare , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!