Project Controls Manager
Posted on: November 19, 2023
Are you inspired by "what's next"? So are we.
When you join the Albemarle team, you contribute to a better
tomorrow. You will play a role in powering many of the world's
largest and most critical industries, from energy and
communications to transportation and electronics. We are putting
innovation to work to improve people's lives and we want YOU to be
a part of it.
Albemarle is seeking a Project Controls Manager for its Magnolia,
Arkansas site. This role will establish and maintain the capital
project cost and schedule monitoring across the site's capital
project portfolio. Candidate must be experienced with handling
capital project(s) varying from small continuity capital to $200
million in total installed cost (TIC). Currently, Albemarle works
with internal resources to manage the continuity capital and global
EPC/CM firms. The successful candidate must have experience with
templates, tools, and Owner team staffing for implementation in
- Ensure adherence to Albemarle's safety culture and Core
- Collaboratively work with project resources through
implementation of project control deliverables, utilizing Albemarle
standards specific to the project stage.
- Provide leadership, oversight, subject matter advice, and
guidance to project teams for project controls activities.
- Accountable for developing predictable cost estimate along with
realistic plan and schedule, validated within internal and industry
benchmarks to ensure project competitiveness.
- Coordinates development of a quality schedule consisted of
agreed scope, forecasting activities to project completion
(including owner's and contractor(s) overall activities).
- Support ongoing planning definition process, specifically
through establishing milestone targets, effective deadline
management and resource allocations.
- Continuous review and assessment of project progress to
preserve cost & schedule delivery and provide accurate updates to
- In coordination with senior management, reviewing financial
data for projects on a regular basis to identify trends,
challenges, and opportunities.
- Maintain liaison with local and corporate internal procurement,
contracts, financial and leadership teams to ensure alignment on
corporate strategy and goals.
- Support internal and 3rd party project assurance and governance
- Assist and contribute to definition of project scope and goals
associated with company Project Process deliverables.
- Develop, review, and maintain a Change Management program
ensuring project changes (i.e. design, construction, etc.) are
controlled in accordance with corporate policies and
- Identify and manage potential project risks and
- Support Lessons Learned program based on industry experience
and best practices. Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor of Engineering, Construction Sciences, Mechanical,
Chemical or related field
- 15+ years of experience of project controls experience in the
Chemical and Petrochemical industry
- Capacity to work independently with minimal direction and
collaboratively in a team environment
- Extensive experience in all aspects of cost engineering during
FEED and detail engineering, procurement, construction, and
- Ability to work with all levels of the organization to
influence and achieve desired results.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability
understanding technical information and communicate progress to
internal and external stakeholders (i.e. technical and
- Strong organization skills, the capacity to successfully manage
competing priorities, maintain attention to detail and meet
- Proficiency in project controls tools and work processes - MS
Office, MS Project, Power BI, SAP, Primavera, Icarus, and etc.
Choose to unlock your full POTENTIAL. Apply today.
Keywords: Albemarle, Bossier City , Project Controls Manager, Executive , Magnolia, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!