Boat Service Manager
Company: Bass Pro, LLC
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: March 15, 2023
POSITION SUMMARY:Under the supervision of the Boat Manager,
manage and provide daily direction to the associates in the Boat
Service area within a Bass Pro Shops or Free-Standing Store to
include inventory control, service, warranty, rigging, delivery,
detail and parts activities.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Support the Boat Manager in the achievement of the departments
or dealership's financial goals for the Service area to include
Service and Parts Sales, Gross Margin, Inventory Shrinkage and
- Provide daily supervision and direction to the associates in
the Service Department.
- Schedule and assign all service, rigging and warranty work
orders; ensure work orders are completed to the customer's
satisfaction on a timely basis.
- Maintain and constantly strive to increase associate
- Maintain a safe, clean and secure work environment.
- Support a strong commitment to world class customer service and
ensure a pleasant and productive shopping experience for all
- Assist the Boat Manager to staff the Service area with
customer-oriented associates; participate in interviewing and make
recommendations for selection; coordinate training; consult with
Boat Manager and give input on preparation of performance
appraisals; prepare weekly work schedules; coach and motivate
associates to promote positive customer relations and a productive
team-oriented work environment.
- Resolve customer and associate opportunities with Boat
- Assist the Boat Manager with coordination of all "Special
Events" to include Boat Shows, Classic events and / or other on or
off-site promotional activities.
- Manage and ensure accuracy of unit and parts inventories.
- Ensure warranty claims are created, submitted and warranty
payments received on a timely basis.
- Ensure products are properly detailed and unit deliveries are
conducted in a friendly and professional manner as scheduled.
- Assist the Boat Manager in executing other Supervisory
responsibilities in accordance with the Company's policies and
applicable laws, including interviewing; training; planning;
assigning and directing work; measuring and evaluating performance;
addressing complaints and resolving problems; maintaining a
positive, harassment free working environment for all
- ALL OTHER DUTIES AS ASSIGNEDEXPERIENCE/QUALIFICATIONS:
- Experience: 2-4 years in Retail Boating or similar industry;
Supervisory experience is a plusKNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITY:
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
commissions, and percentages
- Ability to read and analyze certain reports
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to
questions from Managers, associates, customers, and the public
- Ability to conduct meetings and presentations to groups
- Proficiency with PC-based word processing, spreadsheets, data
based management and electronic point of sale and inventory
- Demonstrated strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working
relationships with co-workers, associates, customers and with the
Corporate StaffTRAVEL REQUIREMENTS:
- n/aINDEPENDENT JUDGEMENT:
- Performs duties within scope of general company policies,
procedures, and objectives. Analyzes problems and performs needs
assessments. Uses judgment in adapting broad guidelines to achieve
desired result. Regular exercise of independent judgment within
accepted practices. Makes recommendations that affect policies,
procedures, and practices.PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Regularly performs computer work, walks and stands.
- Occasionally sits and lifts up to 50lbs.Full Time Benefits
Summary:Enjoy discounts on retail merchandise, our restaurants,
world-class resorts and conservation attractions!
- Health Savings Account
- Flexible Spending Account
- Voluntary benefits
- 401k Retirement Savings
- Paid holidays
- Paid vacation
- Paid sick time
- Bass Pro Cares Fund
- And more!Bass Pro Shops is an equal opportunity employer.
Hiring decisions are administered without regard to race, color,
creed, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status,
disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis
protected by applicable federal, state or local law.Reasonable
AccommodationsQualified individuals with known disabilities may be
entitled to reasonable accommodation under the Americans with
Disabilities Act and certain state or local laws.If you need a
reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process,
please visit your nearest location or contact us at
email@example.com.Bass Pro Shops
Keywords: Bass Pro, LLC, Bossier City , Boat Service Manager, Executive , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...