Department Manager - Books
Company: Ollie's Bargain Outlet
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: September 18, 2022
DescriptionPosition: Sales SupervisorReports To: Team
LeadersDepartment: Store OperationsExemption Status:
Non-ExemptPosition Overview:The Sales Supervisor grows department
sales to achieve the store sales plan. The Sales Supervisor
responsibilities include aspects of merchandising, customer
service, and store maintenance.Primary Responsibilities:
- Greet and acknowledge every customer as they enter and exit the
store and as they approach the department and front end.
- Be knowledgeable of all products, promotions, and
advertisements to ensure that customer questions can be answered
and to assist with selling product; support Ollies Army and other
donation programs throughout the year.
- Assist with receiving the truck and pricing items.
- Ensure that all product within the department is merchandised
and recovered per the visual merchandise standards.
- Complete price changes within the department per company
- Communicate customer needs to Team Leaders when necessary.
- Assist with training new Associates.
- Accurately and efficiently operate the register.
- Maintain the cleanliness of the overall store.
- Complete any additional responsibilities and/or duties as
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Minimum of six months retail experience in a mid-size to large
retail service-oriented business.
- Ability to work evenings, weekends, and holidays on a regular
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to exercise sound judgment.
- Ability to preserve confidentiality of information.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Ability to organize and prioritize a variety of tasks and
activities and work within strict timeframes and deadlines.
- Outstanding interpersonal and listening skills.
- Must have a positive attitude and the ability to interact well
with customers and Associates.Physical Requirements:
- Ability to lift and carry up to 50 pounds.
- Ability to push and pull up to 35 pounds.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to bend and twist frequently.
- Ability to grip, reach, and pinch with arms and hands
- Ability to squat, kneel, balance, and climb ladders
- Ability to see, hear, and speak regularly.
- Ability to work in a constant state of alertness and safe
manner.Ollies is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with
Federal and State Equal Opportunity Laws, qualified applicants are
considered for all positions applied for without regard to race,
color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and identity, national
origin, age, veterans status, disability, or any other legally
Keywords: Ollie's Bargain Outlet, Bossier City , Department Manager - Books, Executive , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!