Company: Tractor Supply Company
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: January 8, 2021
Overview:This position is responsible for proficiency in all
areas of a retail operation. The position serves as the second in
charge of operations to the Store Manager. Duties include providing
leadership and direction to the store team, ensuring a positive
customer shopping experience and performing operational activities
throughout the store and giving appropriate direction to the store
Team Members. This position is also responsible for promoting a
safe and productive work environment for all Team Members,
customers, and vendors, as well as training Team Members on the
appropriate application of policies and procedures. Must be at
least 18 years of age and possess a valid driver's
license.Responsibilities:It is essential that you be available,
flexible, adaptable, and service-oriented, as you must be able to
fulfill all of the following requirements:1. Maintain regular and
predictable attendance.2. Work scheduled shifts, and have the
ability to work varied hours, days, nights, weekends, and overtime,
as dictated by business needs.3. Uphold and promote a safe and
productive work environment by following and enforcing policies and
procedures.4. Take the initiative to support selling initiatives
- Greet the Customer
- Uncover the Customers' needs
- Recommend products
- Ask for the Sale
- Proficient in all Team Leader and Receiver functions.5. This
position is required to perform a combination of the following
duties during 95 percent of their day. Although the mix may vary
from one day to another, our business and staffing model makes it
essential that every person in this position be able to perform all
of the following duties accurately, efficiently and safely on a
regular basis and without advance notice:
- Assist Store Manager in Store Operations including: driving
sales and profit, customer loyalty, planning, prioritization, and
delegating of daily tasks.
- Support Store Manager in Team Member counseling,
hiring/staffing decisions, scheduling, Team Member training and
development, and maintaining a productive work environment.
- Perform Opening/Closing procedures.
- Transport and make deposits to the bank.
- Resolve customer complaints/issues and ensure the customer has
a positive experience.
- Lead freight movement, and support merchandising initiatives,
feed management, and inventory control.
- Train Team Members on the appropriate application of policies
- Operate cash register/computer
- Supervise cash handling procedures.
- Adhere to loss prevention standards and respond to any alarm
calls as needed.
- Operate Forklift and Baler
- Assist customers with loading purchases.
- Complete all documentation associated with any of the above job
duties.6. May be required to perform other duties as
assigned.Qualifications:Experience: Previous retail leadership
experience is required. Farming, ranching, pet/equine, or welding
knowledge is strongly preferred. Must be 18 years of age or older
and possess a valid driver's license.Education: High school diploma
or the equivalent is required. Bachelor's degree in Business
Administration or related field is preferred. Regardless of
education level, you must be able to read, write, and count
accurately.Professional Certifications: None.Other knowledge,
skills or abilities:
- Ability to perform and execute principle responsibilities of
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to resolve issues
ethically and with minimal conflict.Working Conditions:
- Working environment is favorable, generally working inside with
moderate noise. Indoor floors and outdoor lots are generally hard
surfaces (concrete, asphalt, etc.) Lighting and temperature are
adequate. Ability to work outdoors in adverse weather
- Work shifts vary from one store to another, but generally are
no less than 4 hours and may exceed 8 hours.
- Promote a safe and productive work environment for all Team
Members, customers, and vendors, as well as train Team Members on
the appropriate application of policies and procedures.Physical and
Mental Requirements:This position is non-sedentary. It is essential
that you have the physical and mental stamina and ability to move
throughout the store and outdoor areas quickly and safely; to
operate all equipment related to this position's job duties
efficiently, safely, properly, and accurately; and to provide the
highest level of customer service. You must have the physical and
mental ability to perform all of the following tasks (with or
without reasonable accommodations):
- Ability to move and transfer merchandise, weighing up to 50
pounds, throughout the store.
- Ability to push and pull merchandise up to 2,000 pounds with
the assistance of proper material handling equipment (e.g. pallet
- Ability to occasionally lift or reach merchandise
- Ability to frequently stand, kneel, twist, crouch, squat, bend,
stoop, and climb ladders.
- Ability to move throughout the store for an entire shift.
- Ability to safely access all areas of the store including
selling floor, side lot, stock area, and register area.
- Ability to operate and use all other equipment necessary to run
a store (e.g. dolly, hand truck, forklift, baler, computer, cash
- Ability to constantly operate store equipment such as computer,
cash register, and other store equipment.
- Ability to read, write, and count accurately to complete all
- Ability to utilize strong written and verbal communication
skills to communicate effectively with team members and
- Ability to process information / merchandise through the
- Ability to successfully complete training and certification to
dispense propane, and to dispense propane.
- Ability to successfully complete all required training.
- Ability to travel as required in support of district
- Ability to drive or operate a vehicle for business needs.This
job description represents an overview of the responsibilities for
the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent a
comprehensive list of responsibilities. A team member should
perform all duties as assigned by his/ her supervisor.Company
Overview:Tractor Supply Company (TSCO), the largest rural lifestyle
retailer in the United States, is dedicated to enhancing our strong
company culture built on our Team Members' commitment to our
Mission and Values. With over 1,900 stores in 49 states and an
innovative e-commerce platform, Tractor Supply ranks in the Fortune
400 with annual revenues of more than $8 billion and growing! Come
grow your career with us as we serve those who live "Life out
Here"!Click Here to See Why We are a Great Place to Work!Tractor
Supply Company offers a competitive Benefits package, including
Medical, Dental, & Vision plans, to all Full-time Team Members as
well as Part-time Team Members who are deemed eligible based on a
minimum hours requirement. In addition, TSC offers access to other
Benefits such as a Health Savings Account, Life Insurance, 401(k),
and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan
Keywords: Tractor Supply Company, Bossier City , Assistant Manager, Executive , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!