TSS Cyber Security Engineer Senior
Company: General Dynamics Information Technology
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: September 16, 2023
TSS Cyber Security Engineer Senior page is loaded TSS Cyber
Security Engineer Senior Apply locations USA LA Bossier City time
type Full time posted on Posted Yesterday job requisition id
RQ155733 Type of Requisition:RegularClearance Level Must Currently
Possess:None Clearance Level Must Be Able to Obtain:
SecretSuitability:No Suitability RequiredPublic Trust/Other
Required:NoneJob Family:Cyber EngineeringJob
Qualifications:Skills:Cybersecurity, Endpoint Security, Endpoint
Security Management, Vulnerability
ScanningCertifications:Experience:5 + years of related experienceUS
Citizenship Required:YesJob Description:We are GDIT. We support and
secure some of the most complex government, defense, and
intelligence projects across the country. At GDIT, cyber security
is not just a singular part of our mission-it connects every one of
us because it's embedded into every aspect of what we do. GDIT
Technology Shared Services (TSS) is your place! You make it your
own by bringing your ideas and unique perspective to our culture.
By owning your opportunity at GDIT, you are helping us ensure today
is safe and tomorrow is smarter. -At GDIT, people are our
differentiator. As a Cyber Engineer Senior supporting multiple
customers, you will be trusted to support, design and develop new
systems, applications, and solutions for GDIT's external customer's
enterprise-wide cyber systems and networks. This role will be based
in Bossier City, LA.In this role, a typical day will include the
- Conducts software and systems engineering and software systems
research to develop and employ new capabilities, ensuring security
is fully integrated.
- Plans, tests, implements, maintains, administers, and recovers
supported tools or services.
- Conducts comprehensive technology research to evaluate
potential vulnerabilities in systems.
- Designs, develops, tests, and evaluates information system
security throughout the systems development life cycle.
- Conducts risk assessments and provides recommendations for
- Responsible for a wide range of security knowledge including
architectures, firewalls, electronic data traffic, and network
- Uses encryption technology, penetration and vulnerability
analysis of various security technologies, and information
technology security research.
- Involved in the design and development of new systems,
applications, and solutions for external customers' enterprise-wide
cyber systems and networks.
- Ensures the logical and systematic conversion of customer or
product requirements into solutions that acknowledge technical,
schedule, and cost constraints.
- Integrates new application security features into existing
infrastructures, designs cybersecurity architectural artifacts,
provides architectural analysis and relates existing system to
future needs and trends, embeds advanced forensic tools and
techniques for attack reconstruction, provides engineering
recommendations, and resolves integration/testing issues.
- Builds and maintains trusted relationships with customers.
- Coaches and provides guidance to less-experienced
- May serve as a team or task lead.Required:
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience; 5+ years of related
- 3+ years of experience specific to vulnerability detection and
endpoint protection tools
- Certification qualifying for IAT Level II or ability to obtain
within 90 days of hire
- Security Clearance Level: DoD Secret or ability to
- Tools experience with CrowdStrike and Qualys
- Mixed operating systems experience: (Linux, Windows)
- Cloud environment experience: (AWS)
- Solid communications skills, both written and verbal. Able to
create, discuss and explain technical documentation.
- Strength in multitasking and prioritization to meet
periodically changing deadlines.
- Development of documentation for engineering from requirements
and architectural designs and diagrams.
- Experience designing and implementing highly available
- Self-starting and able to drive projects to completion in a
- Ensure data integrity by evaluating, proposing, implementing,
and managing software and hardware solutions.
- Recommend and implement system enhancements that improve the
performance, security, and reliability of supported systems.
- Familiar with ITIL based organizational structure and
processes.GDIT IS YOUR PLACE:
- 401K with company match
- Comprehensive health and wellness packages
- Internal mobility team dedicated to helping you own your
- Professional growth opportunities including paid education and
- Cutting-edge technology you can learn from
- Rest and recharge with paid vacation and holidaysScheduled
Weekly Hours:40Travel Required:None T elecommuting Options:
OnsiteWork Location:USA LA Bossier CityAdditional Work Locations:We
are GDIT. A global technology and professional services company
that delivers consulting, technology and mission services to every
major agency across the U.S. government, defense and intelligence
community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of technology to
create immediate value and deliver solutions at the edge of
innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide, offering
leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML, Cloud, Cyber
and application development. Together with our clients, we strive
to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing the power of deep
expertise and advanced technology.We connect people with the most
impactful client missions, creating an unparalleled work experience
that allows them to see their impact every day. We create
opportunities for our people to lead and learn simultaneously. From
securing our nation's most sensitive systems, to enabling digital
transformation and cloud adoption, our people are the ones who make
change real.GDIT is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action
employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for
employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual
orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or
veteran status, or any other protected class. Similar Jobs (3) TSS
Cyber Engineer locations USA LA Bossier City time type Full time
posted on Posted Yesterday TSS Cybersecurity SOC Analyst - Tier 1
locations USA LA Bossier City time type Full time posted on Posted
17 Days Ago About Us 0:00 -/ - 3:47 Join our 30,000 everyday
heroes. We are GDIT. A global technology and professional services
company that delivers consulting, technology and mission services
to every major agency across the U.S. government, defense and
intelligence community. Our 30,000 experts extract the power of
technology to create immediate value and deliver solutions at the
edge of innovation. We operate across 30 countries worldwide,
offering leading capabilities in digital modernization, AI/ML,
Cloud, Cyber and application development. Together with our
clients, we strive to create a safer, smarter world by harnessing
the power of deep expertise and advanced technology.For more
Keywords: General Dynamics Information Technology, Bossier City , TSS Cyber Security Engineer Senior, Engineering , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!