Mobile Service - Inspection - Oil Change - PM Technician
Company: Ryder System
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: August 4, 2022
We are hiring - Mobile Preventative Maintenance Technicians in
Currently filling experienced and trainee positions.
Days and Hours: Varies must be flexible. Full Time
Pay: $17 - $25 depending on experience.
$1000 Sign On Bonus after 90 days.
Sales and Productivity incentive on top of hourly pay!
Travel is required averaging 7 nights each month. (Possibly more
during training) Per diehm and own hotel room.
Watch my video for Torque on TikTok below
At Torque by Ryder, we offer outstanding incentives:
- Paid Weekly!
- Generous Paid Time Off!
- Company Vehicle!
- Medical, Dental and Optical Insurance effective 30 days from
- Life and Disability Insurances!
- 401K Savings Plan with Ryder matching contributions!
- Legal Plans
- Discount on purchase of Ryder Common Stock!
- Employee Discounts on Automotive, Mobile plans, Travel and
- Tuition Reimbursement!
- PPE & Uniforms provided at no cost!
- Free Job training and development!
- Career advancement strategies that will help you secure your
future! For 85 years, Ryder has provided customers around the world
with integrated transportation, logistics, and supply chain
management solutions that enhance the way they do business.
Building and maintaining a fleet takes time, resources, and
expertise few companies can spare.
We are a fortune 500 company with 800+ locations and 36,000
employees across the US! Employee satisfaction is part of our
Apply today and see why a job with Ryder is what you ve been
looking for. Call us or go online to apply for one of our awesome
TheMobile Preventative Maintenance Technicians position will
provide on site inspection, oil changes, truck washes and other
preventive maintenance services for our clients at their locations.
These services include fluid checks, visual safety inspections on
tires, hoses, belts, and lights, and overall condition inspections
on the trucks interior and exterior.Work week averages 50+ hours
including weekends. Travel is required averaging 7 nights each
month. (Possibly more during training)
In this job, you will work hard, get dirty and at times be required
to work long hours. Travel is required as there are multiple cities
throughout Oklahoma and neighboring states requiring our service.
This hands on position will work with our leadership team to help
develop and expand our customer base and to insure our mission and
goals of being the quality service provider are being
Under close supervision, the Maintenance Specialist I (MS I)
performs minor routine maintenance and repair services on different
types of vehicles. Works with the assistance of a MS II, MS III, MS
IV, MS Lead, OS or OM, when performing technical and diagnostic
type repairs. Task assignments are directed by operations
management to encourage development in a productive manner. The MS
I will support non-contractual Torque by Ryder customers. The
mobile service truck, tools, and inventory must be maintained and
kept in serviceable condition at all times as per company policy
The MS I will interact with relevant business support members and
departments as needed. Task assignments are directed by direct
supervisor, or by the scheduling call center.
This position is off-site and will not be assigned to a specific
Torque by Ryder brick and mortar location, which will require
extensive travel and exceptional customer focus. The MS I will
represent Torque by Ryder and interact with non-contractual Ryder
customers in order to establish a relationship and promote and
develop business opportunities to up-sell Torque by Ryder's
products and services. After the work shift has been completed, the
MS I will take assigned mobile service truck home, but will be
required to secure vehicle and contents as per company policy.
The MS I will be held to productivity standards unique to this
- High Diploma or equivalent
- Vocational or Technical Certification
- One (1) year or more of federal PM certification requirements
through any combination of classroom training or work
- One (1) year or more mechanical experience working offsite at
- Must have minimum tools required to perform their job duties as
outlined in Ryder's Maintenance policy 2.02
- Pass a Ryder drug test and previous employer's for the past 3
years, DOT physical, Ryder road test, pass a Ryder background check
and motor vehicle check including Drug and Alcohol verification
from previous employers for the last 3 years
- Able to take home assigned mobile service truck, as applicable,
and secure vehicle and contents
- Must be able to drive Ryder vehicles.Ability to:
- Understand and adhere to Company policies in all areas
- Complete repair orders with the Company established
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all
levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers,
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Proven hands-on mechanic, customer service, and account
- Demonstrates customer service skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Flexibility to operate and self-driven to excel in a fast-paced
- Capable of multi-tasking, highly organized, with excellent time
- Detailed oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Preventive Maintenance PM230 & PM298 within 90 Days
- Brakes-Air BA220 & BA298 within 90 Days
- Brake mechanics/inspectors FMCS 396.25
- Hydraulic Brake BH220 & BH298 where appropriate within 90
- Tire & Wheel TW220 within 90 Days
- CF609 & A/C trained and qualified AC220 & AC298 within 180
- Battery Charge and Check, Warranty
- HD electrical - DR208 within 90 Days
- Svc Island Support SBTIII trained (SBT220) and SBT Phase 2
within 180 Days
- OEM on-line engine courses (minimum 2)
- This position requires for you to drive Ryder vehicles. In
order to become a Ryder employee you must:
- Must be able to obtain CDL within 6 months after hire
- Pass a Ryder Drug Test
- Pass a DOT physical
- Pass a Ryder road test
- Pass a Ryder Background and Motor vehicle check including Drug
and alcohol verification from previous employers for the last 3
years Important Note: Additional requirements may be required in
different locations and/or accounts.
- Interact with non-contractual Ryder customer, exhibit account
management skills to independently facilitate preventative
maintenance, repair issue resolution, and discuss any repair
estimates with customer.
- Coordinate work schedule as required by customers. Road test
vehicles to identify cause of complaints for repairs, ensure
quality of repair work performed, and deliver customer
- Preventive maintenance (PM) and vehicle repairs
responsibilities include but is not limited to:
- A/C & Heater: Operate the system and recognize if the system is
cooling or not (PM related); Perform basic system checks such as
power to compressor, visual inspection of condenser, belt tension,
etc.; Identify Freon and oil leaks
- Brakes-Air: Identify components of air brake system; Operate
brakes and identify irregular noises, air leaks; Perform simple air
system tests; Measure lining thickness; Adjust brakes; Perform air
brake sections of P.M.; Measure drums, rotors, cam bushings Perform
brake repairs per BA 298 once trained and qualified
- Brakes-Hydraulic: Road test for proper operation; Make visual
inspections for leaks; Check park brake operation; Check fluid
level; Measure lining thickness; Adjust service brakes; Perform
brake repairs per BH 298 once trained and qualified; Adjust park
- Cargo Handling/Transfer, Liftgates: Identify leaks; Operate
lift gate; Identify make and model; Add fluid to bring to proper
level; Make minor adjustments to lift platform and its controls;
Identify basic malfunctions
- Charging Systems (electrical): Visually inspect batteries;
Clean connections; Check condition of belts; Test batteries; Check
alternator mounting and pulley; Replace and adjust belts; Perform
basic charging system check
- Clutch: Lubricate throw-out bearing, linkage, shafts, and
cables; Identify proper clutch operation; Identify proper clutch
- Cooling Systems: Check and adjust coolant levels; Visually
inspect system for leaks; Make minor repairs such as hose
replacements, fan shrouds, leaking fittings; Recognize permanent
antifreezes and their requirements; Use refractometer; Use pressure
tester; Flush and refill systems
- Cranking System (electrical): Inspect and test batteries;
Visually inspect cables and cranking motor; Clean the battery
cables, connections and starter; Replace batteries; Charge and
check batteries; Replace or repair defective cables
- Lighting System and Electrical Accessories: Repair minor wiring
problems; Replace bulbs..... click apply for full job details
Keywords: Ryder System, Bossier City , Mobile Service - Inspection - Oil Change - PM Technician, Engineering , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!