Company: Families Helping Families Region 7
Location: Bossier City
Posted on: November 18, 2021
Job Description Families Helping Families Region 7 Job Title:
SDE Family FacilitatorNote: Job descriptions are considered to be
classification and recruitment guidelines. They are not meant to
limit the scope/assignment of work.Job Description: Families
Helping Families Region 7 is seeking an Education Specialist.
Applicants should be passionate and knowledgeable about special
education topics, and have experience providing training and
guidance to a diverse set of learners. Parents of children with
disabilities and self-advocates are strongly encouraged to
- Promote collaboration between families, LEAs, Special Education
programs, related services, and general education staff to address
issues resulting in improvement(s) in school curriculum, school
environment, and improved professional partnerships through
on-going communication, referral and staff collaboration.
- Provide one-on-one technical assistance, case conferences,
support and guidance to families. Host regional discussions for
families of students with disabilities on specific topics related
to IDEA and Special Education.
- Provide LEAs, education organizations/agencies, community
agencies and concerned individuals with information and support
regarding academic, vocational and social issues relative to
students with disabilities.
- Conduct ongoing, rigorous and strategic family outreach to
engage new families of students with disabilities in the supported
parishes. Host or speak/present at clinics, Early Head Start and
Head Start Centers, childcare centers, school systems, churches and
anywhere in the community families frequently visit.
- Provide and perform contract-related activities in the
- Provide technical assistance and professional development in
collaboration with family members for educators, community agency
personnel and other relevant transition stakeholders.
- Assume other tasks as may be deemed appropriate and necessary
by the immediate supervisor and/or Director.Skills/Knowledge:
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Ability to advocate and instruct parents on rights and
responsibilities as it relates to Special Education
- College degree preferred. High School Diploma may constitute
depending on knowledge of position.
- Must be knowledgeable of IDEA and Special Education laws and
the Americans with Disabilities Act.
- Training and/or experience in education and related areas may
- Parents of children with disabilities and self-advocates are
encouraged to apply.Mental/Physical/Environmental Demands:
- Maintain emotional control under stress. Some standing,
stooping, bending, pulling and pushing
- Additional demands, not limited to above demands.Job Type:
Full-timeJob Types: Full-time, Part-timePay: $25,000.00 -
$35,000.00 per yearBenefits:
- Flexible schedule
- Paid time offSchedule:
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to FridayWork Location: One location
Keywords: Families Helping Families Region 7, Bossier City , Education Specialist, Education / Teaching , Bossier City, Louisiana
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!